Thursday, June 26, 2008

Down River by John Hart

Down River Down River by John Hart


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This fiction book is set in the Carolinas with all the flavor of Southern Fried Chicken. Adam was tried and found innocent of murdering a young man five years ago. However, a rift is formed between him and family members, so he leaves town. In his wake are a policewoman lover, a nubile lass, family and troublemaking friends.



I have never read anything quite like this. It reads like a Tennessee Williams (think the movie Baby Doll)wanna be, but is lacking something. I have been hooked by the story and characters, but I am not drawn to get on with the story.



I get the feeling that the author really thinks this novel will be a better movie than a book.



Check out my Squidoo lens for more information about this novel: http://www.squidoo.com/review_...


View all my reviews.

No comments: