Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Care

If you follow me on Squidoo you will already know that I really love the book -- as an object to hold and touch. (I do not presently own a Kindle-like device, but am considering acquiring one.)

Because my children know that my goal in life is to "Save the World--one book at a time!", I am constantly being given books to repair by my oldest daughter. She has three children, two of them little boys under the age of 6 who have not learned that one should be gentle when reading a book. Mostly I repair torn pages that appeared mysteriously in an oft read book. How they got there, no one seems to know. (LOL)

I like to keep up with my online competition so I often search the web using the terms "book care" and "book repair". Just today during such a search, I found this interesting page on AbeBooks Rare Book Room that has a few tips on caring for your real books. The information is provided by Brodart, a company that I use for my supplies. They are to be trusted. Go check it out after you visit my Book Care and Repair page.

Thanks in advance.


I think a Kindle would be easier on the eyes than an iPad. I know that my eyes get tired after I have been staring at the computer screen for too long.




No comments: