Friday, February 18, 2011

A Book to Read on a Lazy, Cloudy Winter Day: Fifty Grand by Adrian McKinty

Today is Friday. The past few days have been a blessing of sunshine which we have used to the max. Planting and playing outside with the grandkids. But today willbe spent inside on the MacBook examining some of my articles on Squidoo. That platform is a passion of mine. I am not a top lensmaster (writer) on that site, but I have passable performance with my lenses (articles or pages).

Some of my best lenses ("best" in my opinion) are not getting the traffic that I would like. One of them is Fifty Grand: a novel of suspense, a review of a book by author Adrian McKinty. The novel is very well written (I think it reads a lot like Hemingway) but, obviously my book review is not up to par. I have made no sales from this lens, so I have not convinced anyone to read Mr. McKinty. That is a shame because I feel that he is one of the best fiction authors writing today.

I originally began reading McKinty because of his connection to Denver, Colorado. When I discovered the novel The Dead Yardmystery book by author adrian mckinty, the author was living in the Mile High City. I love that town, so I read the book. I fell in love with the main character, Michael Forsythe and read the "Dead Trilogy" McKinty created using this character as its cornerstone. Read this trilogy in order they were written, please.

After finishing those three mystery books, I read another novel, Hidden Rivermystery book by adrian mckinty, McKinty wrote before the Michael Forsythe series; it, too, was set in Colorado. Maybe it is not a best seller, but I found it intriguing and well written. It also displayed McKinty's marvelously light, but dark, sense of humor. Here is a summary of Hidden River from the publisher:


The electrifying noir thriller from a major new talent, in which a young Irish ex-cop travels half a world away to investigate the murder of a beautiful girl he once loved, and whose peculiar sexual banter he will later have urgent reason to recall -- if he is to survive.

Sounds like a good read, doesn't it? I think it is.

When Fifty Grand: A Novel of SuspenseAdrian Mckinty, mystery, suspense novel was published I was ecstatic! I had high expectations for this read and was not disappointed. Please go check out my Squidoo Lens and give Fifty Grand a thumbs up.

No comments: