Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fifty Grand: and worth every penny!

Just finished the latest addition to author Adrian McKinty's list of outstanding suspense fiction.

I highly recommend this novel and I am delighted to know that he might be planning a series featuring Mercado. I only wish I was good enough at writing to express why!

But, I will try, anyway. Oh, and I will not spoil any part of the plot for you.

Set in Cuba and Colorado, McKinty is a master at minimal descriptions. Like Hemmingway (who he refers to in this book) this contemporary author can use few words yet make you feel like you are there. Feel the cold of the ice and snow; taste that mojito. Feel Mercado's pains. Understand the dilemmas this character faces.

You can learn more about this wonderful author by reading his blog. You can also read my Love Crime Fiction? Squidoo page that features him.

No comments: