Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nothing to Lose by Lee Child


I finished reading Lee Child's 12th Jack Reacher novel a few weeks ago. I spent at least a week writing a lens (page) on Squidoo about it. Go visit Nothing to Lose by Lee Child - the 12th Jack Reacher Book.

The book was pretty good. I am a slow reader, but I finished it in a few days. Jack Reacher is such a compelling creation and I love reading about all the situations he gets stuck in. He is like a troublesome chick magnet! He usually gets a girl and gets a fight as well.

Mostly, I liked the book because it was set in my favorite state, Colorado. I lived there for three years and cannot get back there enough. Lee Child did a wonderful job creating the mood for this Colorado setting with his descriptions of the flat plains to the east of the Rockies.

While surfing the web doing "research" for my Reacher lens, I discovered quite a bit of buzz about a possible movie of one of Mr. Child's books. Who should (or Could) play Jack Reacher. Boy was this fun to contemplate! If you go to my lens mentioned above, you will find the actors I believe would do a bang up job. My personal favorite is Ray Stevenson.

No comments: